Today (9/9) we will continue our College Essay unit. Please refer to the main page (HERE). You should have completed your brainstorming activity from yesterday and you are now ready to begin the process of narrowing down a topic.
Please continue the following items:
- Reflection – Please use this to help narrow your ideas. You will have to write 3-5 possible essay topics and submit the form to Googleclassroom.
- Once finished, please review the College Essay Powerpoint presentation. This will cover the various Common App essay prompts and go into more depth on what each prompt asks students to write about. You will tailor your essay to one of the prompts.
- Examine College Essay sample packet. There are 3 sample essays followed by an outline to help you draft your own essay.
- Please pay attention to the bullet points that explain/highlight what to look for in the sample essays
- If you feel comfortable enough, you can begin to outline/draft your essay. However, I will go over the drafting process tomorrow (9/10) at the beginning of class.
If you prefer to work on your own, you will be able to log off zoom and work independently. As always, I will leave our Zoom open so you can jump back on to ask any questions or get help.
Additionally, if you prefer to stay online and want me to go over anything I will. Also, if you are in class, you can log into our zoom to chat about any questions you may have as well.
Remember… you can access all the files and links HERE.
Happy Wednesday and GOOD LUCK writing!